Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Version 1.0 of Si5351 Signal Generator

I have completed version 1.0 of my signal generator.  There will definitely be a revision as there are a number of things still to straighten out, but overall I am pleased with the result.

The 3D printed box with 20% fill on the box walls, was easy to drill, though I recommend a drill press.  I made the top cover thick enough that my controls (rotary encoder and switch) could be threaded into the plastic and no surface nuts required.  This seems to work well, though it remains to be seen how it holds up over time.

The point-to-point wiring inside is a pain in the tush.  Version B will definitely have a single PCB with all the components (display, power switch, rotary encoder, Trinket PRO, Si5351 and battery) plugged into it and mounted on stand-off spacers to the front panel.  I also definitely need to screw down the display.  The friction fit to the panel is good, but not good enough.  The picture below was taken before the Si5351 was installed.

So, overall I am pleased and look forward to using this new addition to my tools.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.